DTU Findit - operated and developed locally by DTU Library - is the Open Science oriented Library Services Platform (LSP) of DTU and DTU Library, available to DTU staff and students (as well as DTU Library visitors) in its premium version and to other patrons in its public version.
DTU Findit offer Discovery(/search) as well as Delivery (access to fulltexts). DTU Findit is designed for maximal end-user self-service and maximal efficiency in DTU library processes that kicks in when offering assistance to end-users in situations where self-service is impossible or insufficient.
Processes supported and made more efficient by DTU Findit includes, but are not limited to:
- Discovery, reading and downloading – DTU Findit offer a discovery service for scientific literature relevant to DTU and acts as the DTU link resolver, enabling all DTU staff and students to take full advantage of content licensed by DTU by connecting them as fast and as direct as possible to content licensed by DTU (and beyond) for reading and downloading.
- Efficient document request handling – DTU Findit acts as the single point of entry for patrons requests for content not covered by DTU licenses, and orchestrate the handling of the requests based on a combination of fully automated interaction with international document suppliers as well as manual handling by DTU Library
- Book lending – DTU Findit acts as the DTU Library book catalog, enabling discovery of – and lending/reservations of – books from the central DTU book collection, managed by DTU Library
- Streamlined collaboration between DTU students, researchers and educators - DTU Findit offer a tagging and tag-sharing facility making it efficient to collaborate on scientific content sharing - eg. for curriculum/reading list maintenance by DTU educators, project reading material by DTU student/researcher project teams, etc.
- Efficient documentation of DTU research output – DTU Findit is configured to auto-discover scientific content affiliated to DTU and feed it into registration into DTU Orbit through a DTU Library anchored registration process. Hereby, capturing DTUs research output into DTU Orbit becomes as cost-optimal as possible. In addition, DTU Findit also offer DTU research administrators visualisations and overview of the research outputs captured in DTU Orbit, optimizing the process around annual reporting to DTU Management.
DTU Library wholeheartedly support openness, transparency and the Open Science paradigm. In spirit with this, DTU Findit offer
- Immediate online access to as much relevant content as possible for as many users as possible (Open Access or licensed) – in order to reduce friction for users in their everyday study or research activities
- Publications (fulltexts) made as openly available for as many users and usecases as possible – a couple of collections of Text and Data Mining (TDM) prepared publications are made available for DTU students and/or researchers for bulk downloading and DTU-related TDM activities.